Saturday, 19 March 2011

Secrets of Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life



Secrets of Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life
Barbara Stanny | 1900-01-01 00:00:00 | Harper Paperbacks | 304 | Motivational

Quietly and steadily, the number of women making six figures or more is increasing and continues to rise at a rate faster than for men. From entrepreneurs to corporate executives, from white-collar professionals to freelancers and part-timers, women are forging careers with considerable financial success.

In Secrets of Six-Figure Women, Barbara Stanny, journalist, motivational speaker,and financial educator, identifies the seven key strategies of female highearners: A Profit Motive, Audacity, Resilience, Encouragement, Self-Awareness, Non-attachment, and Financial Know-How.

Based on extensive research and hundreds of interviews, including more than 150 women whose annual earnings range from $100,000 to $7 million, Barbara Stanny turns each of the six-figure traits into a specific strategy for upping earnings. By rigorously fine-tuning them, readers can, step-by-step, climb the income ladder.


There are more high-salaried women in the workforce today than ever before, yet most females remain seriously underpaid when compared to their male counterparts. Motivational speaker and financial journalist Barbara Stanny decided to find out why by identifying the differences between those who draw the big bucks and those who don't. In Secrets of Six-Figure Women she reveals what makes the leading edge tick, as well as how others can use the information to boost their own paychecks and self-esteem. "For far too many women, financial limits have become a fact of life. The thought of making more is like climbing Mount Everest, a colossal, if not impossible task," writes Stanny. "That's exactly how I used to feel." By examining scores of top moneymakers, along with dozens of those earning below their potentials, Stanny discovered what works and what doesn't. After analyzing the subsequent lessons (i.e., you actually can boost your income without selling out, the requisite traits to do so can be developed by virtually anyone, money really can't buy happiness), she proposes specific strategies for maximizing their impact (intend from the start to succeed, stretch yourself, manage any payoff with care). Stanny professes throughout that she desires to offer "insight, hope and guidance to any of you who aspire to earn more." With this surprisingly practical and ultimately inspirational guidebook, she delivers. --Howard Rothman
Reviews
This is a book I will refer to for the rest of my career. It doesn't only apply to work but your life as a whole. There are many cliches in the book but with evidence to back it up, how could you not pay attention. My eyes have been opened to my views on life but especially money. I always looked at myself as a hard worker but now I realize all of that had work included little play. I was an unfulfilled underearner until I read this book. I will no longer view life that way so six figure mentality here I come.
Reviews
Just started reading the book. So far it's a very good and isightful

read.
Reviews
Reading about others who broke through their limitations is inspiring. I recommend it to any woman who knows, at her core, that she has allowed herself to be undervalued in dollars and cents -- helpful for women of all ages, education and work passions.
Reviews
Secrets of Six-figure Women by Barbara Stanny was actually quite a good read. And not so much for the women interviewed and the amount of money they earned, but the fact that it gave little nuggets into the psyche of high earners.



I realize that if I am to be financially independant, than I will need to conquer some of my fears and assumptions about money. Reading this book brought to light some attitudes towards money that I hadn't thought of.



There are two great quotes about half-way through the book that summarize it well:



"How does one become a butterfly?" She asked pensively. "You must want to fly so much that are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

~Trina Paulus





"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you're doing the impossible."

~St. Francis of Assisi





It is these quotes, along with the examples of the ladies striking out on their own or forging their own paths that is the inspiration behind this book. I believe this is one I will read again in the future, not for a quick answer to making hundred's of thousands, but for the inspiration to take control over money, instead of it over me. And in the process, perhaps I can become a six-figure woman.



Dawn C.

http://www.frugalforlife.com
Reviews
As a success coach for women I'm always keeping my eyes open for resources. When I recommended this book to my clients and on my website I got emails thanking me of the recommendation.



The material in this book highlights how 'invisible rules' can hold us back while getting out of our comfort zones is a prerequisite for success. The secrets that Stanny shares have the ability to change your life if you take them to heart.



Every chapter has offers some Aha moments. There is also advice you've probably heard before but somehow Stanny makes that advice fresh. Perhaps it helps that it comes from women who've proven that the advice is sound and it works.



Written in a warm and honest style, it reads like a conversation with a good friend. A very knowledgeable friend.



Her closing chapter brings the definition of real success full circle. But I won't be a spoiler. You'll have to read it for yourself.



I recommend reading this book at least once a year!

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment